Tuesday, April 4, 2017

6 Weeks Post-Op - Back to Work

Surgery was 6 weeks ago today.  Yesterday, I started back to work part-time.  I have a desk job with very flexible hours.  Since I've been sleeping in and I do better in the afternoons, I went in at 1:30 yesterday.  By 4:30 I was tired and came home.  When my husband got home and wanted to go for a walk, I found I had no energy for walking.  It was amazing how working for just 3 hours had made me so tired.  It doesn't seem like sitting at a desk, mostly working on a computer should be that different than sitting on a couch at home, often on my laptop, but it is different.

Today I didn't go in until 2:00.  I worked till a little after 5:00.  I didn't feel as tired as I did yesterday.  Wasn't tempted to go for a walk today because it was raining, so I don't know how that would have been, but I did do household chores this evening (load the dishwasher, do some laundry, etc.) and seemed fine.  However, I started working on taxes (really need to get those done) and hit a brick wall.  I'll have to finish up tomorrow as I meet with my tax accountant on Thursday.

I'm tired.  I'm going to bed.  Tomorrow is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment