Thursday, March 2, 2017

Remembering

It was about 9:20am on March 2, 2007. when I got the call that changed my life forever. That's the day my husband and the father of my two wonderful daughters, Jesi and Mary, died. We've been through so much since then. 4 graduations, 3 weddings, 1 divorce, and so much more. I love my girls so much. It is hard to be away from them today. I want to wrap my arms around them, but I can't because here I am on March 2, 2017 embarking on another journey that will change my life forever. I had the follow-up with the doctor and nutritionist today. He can't decide whether to let me go home on Saturday or not. A couple of the blood counts are not quite where he would like for them to be. Will have another blood test tomorrow and then decide. So much uncertainty, so much unknown about this future without a stomach. So much like 10 years ago when I didn't know how I was going to keep going, but knew I had to. For myself and for my daughters. I now also have a wonderful husband and son-in-law, and ex-son-in-law. They have all played such an important role also. Thank you to everyone who has helped us get through the last 10 years and who will be along on the journey for the next 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment